Thursday, July 5, 2007

One Google wonder!

Have you tried searching for someone on Google?

Well, a colleague told us that it was possible and I thought he was bluffing. I gave it a try and started searching for myself. Yap there indeed spooled at least 99 options with either or both my names. You don't believe me, but try it out. The information that came out.. I was amazed at not only Google, but at what the net in general has really done.

It has actually put this wide world into one box, where we can all interconnect and share information, news and exchange ideas without leaving the comfort of our desks. Find yourself and friends on the net. Boring, you will say, because you have already been there. I am not talking about Hi5 on yahoo, but Google. Type in your name and click on search, it will spool options where your name appears, even on your fellow blog mates' blogs. Old friends and schoolmates or even dorm mates can be searched on Google....you will understand what am talking about.

Try search for that old schoolmate who went abroad and never came back. You will find them. It's a small world!

7 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

Yeah. Hard to hide, these days. Anything you leave behind will be traced back to you sometime. Could.

Funny. Creepy. Scary. :o(

Google! X^(

Anonymous said...

You are late to this google dinner.

We have been googling peeps since 620 BC.

If you meet someone new, first thing you do after finding his/her first and last name is google them.

For me I google every single person I know regularly.

I can't say I know you ,but that didn't stop me from googling you. How do you like me now?

Aseu said...

Magoola, indeed indeed. One needs to be very careful nowadays hah? I had better start googling seriously..

Savage said...

This guy I had gone to primary school googled me and found my other email address that I rarely use and sent me this;

"Hello Nathan,
Kodheyo mukagwa,
It's me your OB of the Victoria Nile School days, Leonard Oketch-Okumu. Am in the States until July 25th, I came on June 2nd for an assembly and now am traveling around abit courtesy of my Organization. Am based in South Bend Indiana but I have been moving around to Chicago, Portland, California, Phoenix and now am in Cascade Colorado Till Monday and after which, I will be traveling to New York for 5days and Canada for 2days before retuning to Uganda.
Is it possible for us to meet after such a long time? I would love to meet you again Buddy, Perhaps send me your Phone contacts, I lack a permanent one for now."

Baz said...

Nate, I googled you and found that argument we had on ugandaonline years ago.

But you don't know it was me you were arguing with. Muahahaha!

Anonymous said...

The real Google domination began that long ago, as Nate says.

kissyfur said...

I have tagged you, pls read my blog for details.