Thursday, March 1, 2007

Corporate Dress down days

Hooray, its Friday and I don't have to wear the dreaded uniform.

Friday is corporate dress down day. A good idea I must say, after all I have been so stuffed up in my suits and uniforms the whole damn week. So, come Friday morning I will put on my mini hipster skirt, high platforms, hold my hair loose so that the wind can blow it away from my face while I strut around the office like Naomi Campbell, swaggering left, right, left and right doing an imaginary catwalk.

Some companies have come up with Corporate T-shirts worn over a pair of trousers or skirts but of the same colour and this I must say is very smart. Other companies have come up with dress down the whole week but its ONLY on Fridays when you must put on the full corporate suit. This is unique and one of a kind.

Lucky for me, where I work, staff can dress in their own clothes or even uniforms, to their hearts' desire. Dress codes seem to have been thrown out the window when it comes to Fridays. But it is casual Friday so why the heck not dress down? The question is how much dressing down is dress down? I will redefine smart casual as, for the guys; a shirt hanging over a pair of faded jeans which hangs loosely around the butt, snickers (that have not seen water in the past few months) an ear ring on your left earlobe. Did I forget a heavy gold chain dangling from the neck?To touch it all up, shades hanging on the forehead.

For the ladies; I will get "igs"(ignored) for even mentioning anything. So let's leave it out for now.....but small advise: check out the mirror before you leave home on your corporate dress down day.

No comments: