Saturday, September 29, 2007

Last days!

I feel like this might be my last year working for this company.
These remaining days are my last days.
I feel it in my bones, in the bone marrow and in my whole body.
I feel like am siting on this much dreaded room for these last few days and will be gone.
O how I cannot wait to leave. O how happy I will be.
Yes, indeed, Very very happy.
Have you ever felt as if there's someone choking you? Yet indeed it is not physical but imaginary?
Have you ever felt suffocated as long as you are working somewhere?
There's someone blocking your advancement or development in every possible way?
Even if you try your best and perform well, you never emerge the best employee of the month?
You know the rules well and perform to your level best but your boss still criticises your output and informs you how your salary can be divided into four to pay the interns?
O how great our Lord is! O how Happy will I be when the day finally comes.
Have your ever felt belittled in front of fellow staff for a small thing like coming late?
Or ridiculed for even suggesting something for the good of all staff?
However hard one works nor however SMART one works, our boss is always "right".
You, the employee, have no right to stand up against him.
Well, people! I am ready to face this nitwit-of-a-boss-of-mine or anyone trying to form his backup. Funny I do not know where am getting all this strength and confidence.
I am going to give him a piece of my mind and leave a mark or name before I leave. He will realize that you don't just come to Uganda and abuse people. Ugandans may be timid and cowards, but there are few who are the exception, like me.
By the way where can I get a handbag made of Iron but looks like leather?

6 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

Seems everyone's pulling this job-leaving move. Starting with I and I.

kissyfur said...

Something I dont know ????

leos child said...

i hope you get another one real fast being jobless and broke simply aint funny

Anonymous said...

Move on, move on...

The frightening part is the letting go... once you've done that, the free-fall is amazing.

Don't ask me about the part where you hit the ground with a thud... he he he

Naye bambi, it's just a job. Many lucks with finding something fulfilling to do.

Mustafa Şenalp said...

çok güzel bir site.

Lapa said...

Very, Very, nice profile of your blog.
TOP PORTUGUESE UNIVERSAL WRITER: CRISTOVAO DE AGUIAR.

He has, also, translated into Portuguese the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith.

He has been awarded several prizes.

Don't forget the name of this great author, you'll be hearing of him soon.

Thank you for spending time in Universal Culture.

Thanks for visiting.